Anecdote of the week

"Regarding plagiarism. Years ago, a student brought me her bachelor's thesis. After reading it, I realized that the second chapter was my academic article. At the next seminar, the following dialogue took place:

  • - The work is excellent.
  • - Thank you.
  • - But I found one flaw in it.
  • - What?
  • - The second chapter is of my authorship. It's my academic article.
  • - Oh dear ...
  • - Truth be told, I haven't yet seen a student who plagiarized from their own supervisor.
  • - I'm sorry, I didn't tell the person writing this work who my supervisor is.

I fell off my chair."

Posted today on X by Adam Wielomski

(2) Adam Wielomski - polityczny sceptyk on X: "A propos plagiatów. Lata temu studentka przyniosła mi swoją pracę licencjacką. Po przeczytaniu stwierdziłem, że drugi rozdział to mój artykuł naukowy. Na kolejnym seminarium miał miejsce taki dialog: - Praca jest znakomita. - Dziękuję. - Lecz znalazłem w niej jeden mankament. -" / X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020