Petition to Protect Pensions

I have for years supported fair and realistic reform of the UK state pension triple lock to make it sustainable. I have consistently opposed scrapping it, which is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Andy Burnham wants to scrap the triple lock, replacing it with a system with no effective earnings link.

Britain tried a system before with no earnings link. The results were disastrous.

It meant that the state pension fell behind, contributing massively to pensioner poverty.

If Burnham wins the next election and implements the plans he announced today, the same will happen again.

The Conservatives are running a petition against Burnham's plans to scrap the triple lock. I had no hesitation in signing it and urge others to do the same.





















You can  sign the petition at:

Sign the Petition - Protect Pensioners

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020