Quote of the day 11th September 2026: In memoriam
On 11th September 2026 I had taken part of the day as annual leave so my wife and I could take our twin son and daughter, who were then infants, to the doctor's surgery in Jersey Farm for some of their routine injections.
On our way out of the surgery my mobile phone rang. It was a colleague who had not realised why I was on annual leave and IIRC thought I might be in America, phoning to see if I was all right. There were a lot of confused messages being shared because "apparently a plane had hit a tower in New York."
We went home and put the television on just in time to see the second airliner strike the South Tower of the World Trade centre - the aircraft my colleague had been referred to was the one which had previously hit the North tower. It was becoming clear that the USA had been attacked, and thousands of innocent people murdered, in an evil and truly atrocious act of terrorism.
The innocent people who died, and especially those in the emergency services who died trying to save others, should never be forgotten.

Comments