The rain it raineth every day

I spent most of today (Wednesday) at, or travelling to and from, a meeting in Birmingham.

It was a beautiful morning when I set off but the two gentlemen at Penrith station who sold me a cup of coffee and The Times were amused to see that I was carrying an umbrella.

I forget their exact words but it was something like "We can tell you've lived here long enough to know that just because the sky's clear now is no guarantee that it will stay that way."

They added, equally correctly, that it works the other way too and that what starts off as a really horrible day can turn surprisingly quickly into beautiful sunshine.

Sure enough when I arrived back in Penrith this evening it was raining ...

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020