Friday, October 14, 2016

Quote of the day 14th October 2016

David Dimbleby:
"Did you vote Leave to take your neighbour's job away?"

BBCQT Audience member
"No, I did it to take Emily Thornberry's job away."

(from last night's BBC Question time programme, which I was unable to watch live because BBC iPlayer kept interposing pop-up menus in Welsh asking if I have paid my TV licence fee. I have, but did not know how to give this response because I don't read Welsh.

As readers who have seen my post last night may have deduced, as I live several hundred miles' drive from Wales this was rather annoying!)

3 comments:

Jim said...

If it helps here is said menu in English.

Jim said...

If its what i think then your account on iPlayer has been set to welsh.

now I am not sure if your whole menu has been switched to welsh or not, but if so then the location of each button should be the same.

Hopefully these 3 screen shots will help out

step 1

step 2

step 3

Chris Whiteside said...

Thanks for your help, Jim. No, it's just he iPlayer which is set to Welsh, not my whole account. The rest recognises that I am in Cumbria and use English.

God knows how this happened, because I certainly didn't do it, and there does not appear to be a way of setting it back.