Quote of the day 28th April 2018

"As I watch and listen to Jeremy Corbyn ... I feel guilty.

"Guilty that as a horribly naïve graduate I was so very sure -  and I was certain, I remember the certainty - that voting for Cobyn in 2015 was the right thing to do.

"I am scathing of Trump supporters who have no interest at all in the truth, and only in standing by their man and winning at all costs, but back then I don't think I was any better."

"Subsequently it is possible to become more discerning and to anticipate common features in the armories of campaigners like Brand and Corbyn such as their oversimplification of hugely complex issues, which are not at all conducive to helping wide-eyed young people develop into rational and responsible grown-ups."

"As for Jeremy Corbyn himself, it dawned on me last week as one after another Labour MP rose to tacitly criticise the leadership's lacklustre, and perhaps even disingenuous response to the rise of anti-Semitism within the party, that he is just not the man I once thought he was. Three years ago I was convinced that he was a brave, principled man who would change politics for the better,  and there were many who felt the same. Turns out he isn't either of those things, and I am sure that I am not the only one whose mind has changed."

(Henry Tydeman, a history graduate in his twenties, extracts from an article on the Backbencher website called My journey out of Corbynism.")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020