Phew!

My heart dropped when I arrived back from an excellent "pothole patrol" survey session in Beckermet today with Trudy Harrison MP and the local CBC councillor, Yvonne Clarkson, (of which more anon,) because there was a letter waiting addressed to me as Honorary Alderman Chris Whiteside.

I am entitled to that form of address but the only people who use it are from St Albans, generally communications from the Council, which usually means invitations to Mayoral events there (and those mostly take place in Spring and Summer) or letters advising me that another former friend or colleague from that part of the world has died.

After the last few months I don't think I can be blamed for being afraid that it would indeed be that kind of bad news. But I'd forgotten the third category of letters from St Albans.

It was only an invitation to the civic Christmas pantomime.

Phew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020