Labour start using Lib/Dem style bar charts

The Lib/Dems appear to have gone AWOL from the Selby & Ainsty by-election - in a month's campaigning I have not seen a single Lib/Dem canvasser, and neither I nor anyone else I know has had a Lib/Dem leaflet. Perhaps most unusual of all, I've not seen a single one of those silly "winning here" diamond shaped posters.

So, possibly spotting a gap in the market, the Labour campaign has nicked a Lib/Dem tactic. I've had a leaflet from the Labour candidate with a Lib/Dem style slogan "Labour surge ahead" and a Lib/Dem style bar chart with alleged canvass data which is suspiciously close to exactly what would be needed to show to support a Labour tactical squeeze message. Oh, what a surprise.

We will find out on Thursday whether it works. Personally I suspect the electorate is wise to the tactic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020