Progress on the PM's five priorities
- Halving inflation. Inflation is at its lowest point since March 2022, down to 7.9 per cent, from 10.1 per cent at the beginning of the year.
- Growing the economy. This week Tata group announced they will invest over £4 billion in our automotive sector, creating 4,000 new jobs. Our £25 billion tax cut for business will continue to encourage more investment.
- Reducing debt. Funding our public services, without irresponsible borrowing, allowing us to meet out debt commitments.
- Cut waiting lists. There is much more to do, but two-year waits for treatment have been almost eliminated 18 month waits reduced by over 90 per cent since September 2021.
- Stop the boats. Against the Opposition’s best efforts we have enshrined our Stop the Boats Act into law, so if people come here illegally they will be detained and removed.