Quote of the day 29th October 2021 - Angela Rayner's apology

“While I have been away from the cut and thrust of Parliament I have reflected on our political debate and the threats and abuse that now seem to feature all too often.

“I have also reflected on what I said at an event at Labour Party conference. I was angry about where our country is headed and policies that have made life harder for so many people I represent.

“But I would like to unreservedly apologise for the language I used, and I would not use it again. I will continue to speak my mind, stand up for Labour values and hold the Government to account. But in the future I will be more careful about how I do that and in the language that I choose,”


(Rt Hon Angela Rayner MP, deputy leader of the Labour party, apologising on Facebook yesterday for calling senior Conservatives "scum."

I hope that people of all persuasions can now move on from this and that all of us can be more careful in the language we use.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020