Remembrance Sunday 2022

This morning at 11am I took part in the Remembrance Day Commemoration at Egremont and laid a wreath for the fallen on behalf of Cumbria County Council.

I also attended the commemoration ceremony in Moor Row at 1pm

Both ceremonies were extremely well attended, as I know similar ceremonies were in Whitehaven, St Bees, and around the whole of the United Kingdom.

I would like to congratulate everyone involved in the organisation of both events. I hope it would not be invidious to single out one body for particular praise, but I will do so anyway: the music provided by Egremont Town Band was quite exceptionally good.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020