Protecting local facilities for local people - a levelling up boost
The government has announced today a £12.3 million levelling up boost for 45 cherished local pubs, museums, and sports clubs to secure their future for generations to come and help to grow local economies.
- Conservatives know how much communities rely on key institutions like pubs and museums – they support jobs, attract tourists, and sustain local economies.
- That is why, through the Community Ownership Fund, we are empowering local communities to level up treasured institutions in their areas with a share of £12.3 million. Projects include pubs, a tourist railway line and an aerospace discovery centre as the fund reaches almost £50 million in value, supporting a total of 195 projects
- £1 million will rebuild a historic Yorkshire railway bridge in urgent need of repair, which carries the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway line over Bridgehouse Beck between Keighley and Oxenhope.
- Knutsford Market Hall in Cheshire receives £560,000 to ensure it continues to host and support a number of small businesses.
- This funding will safeguard the future of cherished community institutions for future generations and ensure they continue to serve communities and help to grow the economy.