Wakey Wakey

The Whiteside family were up early this morning as my son and I, who are in training for the Sport Relief "Swimathon 2016" this weekend, went to take advantage of Copeland pool's "Swim challenge" session at 6m this morning.

I gather from my wife and "Political Betting" that just after we left the house, at around five to six,  one of the TV talking heads on the news suggested that in the Budget today George Osborne will try to trim 50p in the pound from government spending. The error was not corrected.

Oops! This should have been 50p in every hundred pounds.

Perhaps they were not properly awake yet. I could understand that ...

Comments

Jim said…
50p in the pound of government savings sounds good to me.

but yeah, Wakey wakey everyone, its a lovely day, the sun is shining, the birds are singing,

and, (although hidden behind the fact they chose today for the budget) something good has happened, and we have Lift off

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020