- "Investing in Cumbria’s vital transport routes cuts congestion, ensures drivers enjoy faster, safer journeys, and increases the freight capacity needed to drive forward jobs and economic growth."
- "This shows our cast-iron commitment to Cumbria, as we deliver the investment needed to provide businesses and commuters with more reliable and resilient journeys."
- The Secretary of State for transport also confirmed ongoing discussions with local partners on proposals to progress development of a major programme of upgrades on the Cumbrian Coast rail line to support expected major investments in West Cumbria and the creation of new jobs.
You can also read details of the sort of new road which might come forward and the questions being asked in the consultation, and respond online at
- Online – complete the response form online using the above link
- Complete the consultation response form in the consultation brochure and return it using the freepost address provided
- Email your response to: A595Whitehaven@highwaysengland.co.uk
- Post – write to Highways England at: