The COVID-19 Vaccination booking service

The computer booking system for COVID vaccination jabs has been used successfully by vast numbers of people but I have had a bit of feedback - and experienced myself - that it does seem to produce perverse results occasionally.

When I booked my jab, the appointments which the online system offered seemed a bit off the wall. Rather than take the nearest appointment it offered, which was over an hours' drive away (which seemed a bit strange when I live within walking distance of a hospital which has been vaccinating people at a rate of knots) I tried the phone service. That worked perfectly and I can recommend it. 

When you reach the age to be offered a jab, try the online service first at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination.

If that doesn't work or offers you something which doesn't seem to be a good option - like an appointment in Ulverston when you live in Whitehaven, for instance - you can ring 119 between 7am and 11pm, seven days a week. I did this and spoke to a very helpful lady who was able to book appointments for my first jab this coming week and my second one in June, both in Workington. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020