Labour in their own words

Top hits from those Shadow cabinet resignation letters. With friends like these:


Heidi Alexander, resigning as shadow Health Secretary
"I do not believe you have the capacity to shape the answers our country is demanding."
 Lucy Power, resigning as shadow Education Secretary
"Your position is untenable and you are unable to command the support of the Shadow Cabinet, the Parliamentary Labour Party, and most importantly, the country."

Ian Murray, resigning as shadow Scottish Secretary

"I have always expressed my thoughts directly to you as I think it is important to be honest and open with each other.  
...I do not feel this has been reciprocated."

Chris Bryant, resigning as shadow  Leader of the House of Commons

"The vast majority of Labour MPs did not vote for you.
Your ambivalent attitude in the campaign was a betrayal of the Labour Party and the wider Labour movement and it has let down a whole generation of young people."

Angela Eagle, resigning as shadow Business Secretary

"After nine months of trying to make your leadership work…I have come to the conclusion that you are not the right person to lead the Party we both love."

Kate Green, resigning as shadow Minister for Women and Equality

"I am sorry that you did not appear to accept the special responsibility on you as a leader to take all the steps possible to unite us, so that we can act now as an effective opposition in parliament. "

Anne Turley, resigning as shadow Minister for Civil Society

"The Leadership is not in touch with the hopes, the fears and the aspirations of my [constituents]".

Diana Johnson, resigning as shadow Foreign Minister

"The EU referendum campaign has also shone a spotlight on problems with your leadership and I think it is clear now that millions of workers stand to suffer the consequences of the tight vote to leave the EU – an outcome, I think, that you as a Leader could have done more to avert."

 Wayne David, resigning as shadow Minister for Cabinet Office, Scotland and Justice

"I believed that you could unite the Party around clear and relevant policies and provide strong leadership
I believe you have done neither."

More here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020